Minitage can be hard to use for non developers, so we made a script minitagetool.sh to help working with minitage.
This script will initially:
- Configures buildout correctly to indicate cache & downloads cache
- Compile & install a python
- Install minitage (from source, no eggs)
- Install minitage base packages
- Install your project
After, you can:
Can make a snapshot (usable offline) of:
- The minitage installation
Can redeploy those snapshots elsewhere
Upgrade the minitage installation
Create the minitage root:
You need to be online to use the next commands.
Inside the minitage top level directory
cd minitage wget -O minitagetool.sh https://raw.github.com/minitage/minitage.shell/master/minitagetool.sh chmod +x minitagetool.sh ./minitagetool.sh bootstrap # take a coffee...
Just run the install instructions, they will bootstrap and conserve all that can be done.